Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Indefinite Postponement

I have no intention of stopping this blog, much less deleting my posts (it is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and to God's Merciful Love), but I think it would be prudent for me to postpone updating it, for now.

As evidenced by the pun in the title of the blog ("pair o' dimes" = paradigms), I began it with a clear idea of what I wanted this blog to be about: philosophy rooted in Catholic Christianity.

Lately I'm less certain of exactly what it's to be about.  While I believe I'm called to the priesthood, at present I am not a priest--and while we need proper catechesis, I don't know exactly what is my place at present, as a layman.  I want to be clear on the mission of this blog before I continue it again--otherwise, I might as well not have it up.  And for that I need to pray and discern.

Indeed, now is the time when I really want to discern in more earnest than ever before.  In a little over a month will come the soonest that I might enter candidacy for the Secular Franciscan Order, and (while this need not be incompatible therewith) I have felt a strong calling to the priesthood for just over three months now.  I want to rely more on Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother, because the fog hasn't completely cleared from my mind and heart, and I only have so much time left--I cannot afford to waste it.

Please pray for me in this regard, and I will continue to pray for you.

Until then, thank you for being with me.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment